This article guides you through Agoda’s promotions landscape and how the promotions can be stacked together.
What are promotions?
Promotions are marketing initiatives designed to increase bookings through enhanced visibility. Promotions can include strategic placement and advertising on the Agoda website, special deals or discounts for customers, and other marketing efforts. Take advantage of Agoda’s promotion tools to attract a wider audience, offer strategic pricing during peak travel seasons, or promote your property for special events, further maximizing your occupancy and revenue.
Type of promotions
Agoda offers multiple types of promotions that target different types of travelers:
- Seasonal promotions: Promotional campaigns targeting travelers during specific events or holidays.
- Essential promotions: Promotions that can be tailored according to your needs.
- Targeted promotions: Promotions targeting specific groups of travelers based on 4 categories: Product, Loyalty, Geography, and Platform.
How promotions can be stacked together
Different types of promotions can be stacked together, as follows.
- Seasonal promotion: Only one can be applied.
For example, if you set up ‘New Year Sale’ and ‘Super Wednesday’ and the traveler is eligible for both campaigns, the system will offer only the promotion with the most competitive rate to the traveler.
- Essential promotion: 2 or more can be stacked together.
For example, if a traveler’s search is eligible for both ‘Early-bird’ and ‘Long-Stay’ promotions, the discount shown will be stacked (both promotions added together). Note that stacking is subject to the promotion’s terms.
- Targeted promotion: Only applied across categories. Click on stacking detail to learn more about a promotion’s category and how it will stack with your other promotions. Note that 2 or more discounts within the same category can not be stacked.
All 3 types of promotions can be stacked together when the promotion terms allow. See below for an example of stacked promotions:
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!