In this article, we will cover the importance of maximizing cleanliness and hygiene at your property, and how the measures you take can be communicated to travelers to increase your bookings.
Cleanliness and hygiene facilities
Based on our research, we’ve created an effective and simple checklist of recommended cleanliness facilities at your property you can easily update on YCS as follow:
- Staff trained in safety protocol
- Arranging training to ensure property staff is aligned on the measures, safety, and health protocols e.g. wearing masks, understanding how to handle guests with risks.
- Contactless check-in/check-out
- Online, auto, or self-service check-in to reduce human contact to avoid cross infection.
- Temperature check for guests and staff
- Screening property staff and guests’ temperatures when entering the building or facility.
- Daily disinfection in common areas
- Disinfection in common area at least once a day.
- Daily disinfection in all rooms
- Disinfection in all rooms at least once a day.
- Protective screens in common areas
- Installation of a transparent protective shields in public areas between persons during face-to-face transactions.
- Face coverings on staff
- All staffs are required to wear face shield and/or masks at your property.
- Sterilizing equipment
- Equipment to remove, kill, or deactivate all bacteria, viruses, etc.
- Hand sanitizer
- Providing hand sanitizers in property’s public area e.g. at the entrance, lobby, restaurant etc.
- Safe dining setup
- Rearrangement of tables and seating in dining areas to ensure social distancing.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter
- Social distancing measures enforced in common areas
Health & medicine
- First aid kit
- Supplies and equipment which is used to provide medical treatment.
- Body thermometer
- Equipment which is used to measure body temperature.
- Doctor/nurse on call
- Property can contact doctors who can come to the property if needed.
More tips on cleanliness measures you should take…
- Add disinfectant when washing laundry and wash bedspreads more frequently.
- Sanitize electronics such as tablets, touch screens, keyboards, remote controls and in-property ATM machines.
- Ensure the sanitization and disinfection of publicly accessible toilets.
- Maintain and disinfect your swimming pools, as well as spas and other recreational facilities.
- Install air purifiers in common areas, and make sure to regularly change the filters.
- Offer cashless payment as an alternative option, if possible.
- Show guests what measures you’re taking on posters, TV, etc., throughout your property.
- Install hand sanitizing stations located in high-traffic areas throughout the hotel, such as the front desk, breakfast area, elevator lobbies, and fitness center.
Displaying cleanliness measures
Your cleanliness facilities will be displayed on the Facilities section of your property page.
Display of cleanliness measures on Facility section
Property that passes our hygiene qualifications will be given the Hygiene Plus badge display on top of the property page to further highlight certain cleanliness facilities.
Display of cleanliness measures (Hygiene Plus) on Property Page
Once you’ve provided us with this cleanliness information, you should be committed to:
- Keep records of all preventive measures and any changes that take place at the property.
- Update the facilities information on YCS. It’s important that your information remains accurate and up to date to ensure that guests are kept informed of your cleanliness and hygiene measures.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to add cleanliness facilities on YCS?
You can add facilities in link here to complete guidelines that can help to assist you.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!