In this article, you’ll learn the basics of a property’s Review Score and why it’s so important to getting bookings. You’ll also learn how to get the most and best Review Score for your property.
What is a Review Score?
Your Review Score is the aggregate rating that your property earns based on all the reviews that are left by your Agoda guests. We only allow real guests to review your property after check-out, so that your review score represents an honest and true evaluation of your property’s strengths and weaknesses. Travelers rely on these Review Scores to help make their booking decisions because they trust other travelers, which is why Review Scores are one of the most important factors in getting bookings.
After your guests check out, we send them an email inviting them to submit a written review, as well as to grade your property on the factors listed below.
Review Score Criteria
Your overall Review Score is calculated from the 5 following categories:
- Value for money
Guests will rate your property for the above categories on a scale of 1 to 5. We then calculate the average of these overall scores on a 1-10 score and display it as the Overall Review Rating on your property page. This score will also show up in search results.
Tips for boosting your Review Score
Meeting (and exceeding) guests’ expectations
- Accuracy matters — what you offer on your Agoda listing should exactly match with what you’re going to provide.
- This includes all content data such as facilities, amenities, and photos. Be honest at all times, because dishonesty or even the perception of it will lead to bad reviews.
- When it comes to service, try to exceed expectations. Guests will frequently compliment service that goes out of its way to do the unexpected.
Update your property page regularly
- By keeping your information updated, you can manage guest expectations ahead of their stay and increase customer satisfaction.
- Regularly check the information you provide on YCS. Does it list all your facilities and include updated photos of your property? Are your hotel details up to date? Have you made any improvements or changes in décor that should be shown?
Learn from your current review score
- Look at your current Review Score and focus on improving the category where you received the lowest score.
- Read your existing reviews to see specifics of what guests like, and what they complain about.
- For example, if you receive a low Cleanliness rating on your Review Score, and you were able to identify that many guests mention dirty linens, it may be time to replace your bedding, audit your laundry service, or work with housekeeping to ensure all linens are fresher.
- The fastest way to boost your Review Score is to provide excellent service every day, to every guest.
- Train your staff to be attentive, responsive, and have a sense of urgency for every guest’s needs.
- Recognize and reward employees who have gone above and beyond for guests, in order to motivate other staff members.
- Staff should always be able to offer a local knowledge of things to do and places to eat. Responsive helpfulness is always memorable to travelers.
Cleanliness is more important than ever
- Ensure your property is well maintained and everything works as it should. Make sure that your staff has the capacity and training to address problems right away, such as minor maintenance problems, water leaks, or loud noises. Guests like a well-run property.
- Rooms should always be spotless and comfortable, with no clutter.
- Establish a hygiene protocol that is strictly enforced in ways that guests can see. It’s a good idea to make your cleanliness processes public – show them on signage or on a letter to guests in every room.
- Read more about cleanliness facilities and how to display them here.
- How to get more guest reviews?
- How to best respond to guest reviews?
- How to display a cleanliness facility for your property?
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!