This article will outline the option from Property Collect that allows guests to book and pay at the hotel without any credit card guarantee. We will also outline the benefits of this option.
What is Property Collect without Credit Card Guarantee?
If your property has already onboarded to Property Collect, you can choose to offer our mutual guests the option to make a reservation without a credit card. The booking and payment process is the same as normal Property Collect bookings.
Why Property Collect without Credit Card Guarantee?
- Drive more bookings! Industry data supports conversion gains for “no credit card” offers.
- Appeal to new customers who like to book without a credit card! Several markets or demographics with low credit card penetration will be able to book your property.
What are the benefits?
Other than the benefits already gained from Property Collect, you will receive the following bonuses by allowing guests to book without a credit card:
- Expand to markets and demographics with low credit card penetration and cash preference
- Increase bookings by up to 15% through convenience, speed, and ease of booking
- Reduce the risk of no-shows with Agoda’s Determine Intent To Stay (DITS) system
- No extra costs for you
- Extra flexibility by restricting the availability of no credit card offers
Types of Property Collect without credit card
Properties that activate Property Collect without Credit Card will receive exposure without any additional fees and will get targeted visibility with guests who choose this payment option.
How does Determine Intent To Stay (DITS) system work?
- Agoda will contact guests 12-72 hours prior to the end of the free cancellation period in various channels (SMS, email, application, and WhatsApp) to remind them and to confirm their bookings. Multiple messages will be sent until the confirmation is received.
- The risk evaluation system will be activated to start investigating non-responsive guests (the AI system will investigate guests’ past booking history). Agoda will automatically cancel bookings from guests considered high no-show risk guests together with the cancellation email to guests and hotels prior to the cancellation period is reached.
How do I set up a no credit card promotion?
Once you have Property Collect enabled with a credit card required for all bookings, you will be able to add overriding promotions to allow bookings without a credit card. You will be able to set up these promotions under the Rates & Availability> Promotions page.
Create a new promotion using the ‘No Credit Card Required’ template
Step 1. Apply type
Step 2. Apply Sales
Step 3. Apply check-in restrictions
Do I have any options to set restrictions?
You’re very flexible options to manage this include:
- Targeting based on booking types:
- All bookings: offers ‘no credit card needed’ to all customers
- Last-minute bookings only: offers ‘no credit card needed’ to customers searching a few days (3 days by default) before check-in
- Domestic booking only: offers ‘no credit card needed’ to customers who are residing in your country
- Activating feature for the specific date range:
- The specific duration of time
- Adding more restrictions based on:
- Rate plans
- Room types
- Customer segments
- Cancellation policy
- Blackout dates
See detailed guidelines here on how to setup restriction.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I report if a guest is a no-show?
You will have the option to mark a booking as a no-show in Bookings (YCS > Bookings> View Bookings). Check out What can I do if the guest did not show up (No-Show)? to find steps for reporting a no-show.
Why can’t I see “No Credit Card Required” on the promotion page?
The “No Credit Card Required” option will only be available when Property Collect is active. please contact us for further assistance.
- Introduction to Property Collect
- How do I verify Property Collect bookings?
- How do I view the guest’s credit card?
- How do I request a new credit card from the guest?
- Where do I get the Property Collect booking statement?
- Where do I see the commission amount for Property Collect?
- What should I do if I can’t accommodate a Property Collect booking?
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!