When do I report a no-show?
If the guest doesn’t arrive by midnight on the check-in date, you may report a no-show.
Please make sure that the guest did not send in a “Late Check-in” request via YCS messaging or that direct arrangement was not made with your property before reporting a no-show. As such, we recommend you wait 24 hours before reporting a no-show.
The steps required to report a no-show depend on the booking payment method. Instructions for Agoda Collect and Property Collect payment methods are provided in the following section.
How do I report a no-show?
The steps to report a no-show differ depending upon the booking payment method. Agoda offers guests 2 payment options: Agoda Collect and Property Collect. Guests will select their preferred payment method during the booking process.
An Agoda Collect booking means that Agoda is responsible for collecting the payment from the guest (represented by the term “prepaid” on your confirmation voucher). Agoda will then pay the property according to the property’s selected payment method.
Upon booking creation, Agoda will send you a confirmation voucher. An Agoda Collect booking confirmation voucher will have a PREPAID remark on it, as below:
You may also identify the booking payment method by navigating to YCS Reports >> Bookings and searching for the Booking ID.
For Agoda Collect bookings, you can notify us of a no-show via phone call or email. Be sure to include the Booking ID when reporting a no-show.
A Property Collect booking means that the property will be collecting payment from the guest upon their arrival. Agoda will then deduct the booking compensation from the property, reflected on the YCS Finance tab.
On a Property Collect booking confirmation voucher, you will see a TO BE PAID BY GUEST remark, as below:
As with Agoda Collect bookings, you may also identify the booking payment method by navigating to YCS Reports >> Bookings and searching for the Booking ID.
For Property Collect bookings, you have the option to report a no-show without contacting Agoda, as outlined below:
- Log in to YCS .
- Go to Bookings >>View Bookings.
- Search for the booking by using the search field.
- Upon selecting the booking, a Booking Info window will open.
- Click the red button to mark as a no-show.
- A pop-up window will appear to confirm the report of a no-show. Click Yes, confirm as a no show to confirm.
- The system will then automatically compute the no-show charge for you
Pay attention to the following while reporting a no-show:
- The Mark as a no-show button will only be made visible 24 hours after the customer’s check-in date.
- Once the Mark as a no-show button appears, you will only have 72 hours to report. Please refer to the Global Terms & Conditions, Section4.
- If you fail to report a no-show within the designated timeframe, the button will be greyed out. You may contact us for further assistance.
No-show fees will be collected based on the cancellation policy applied to the booking that is being reported. Every cancellation policy also includes a no-show policy. The no-show fees will then be remitted to you based on your property’s selected payment method.
You may review the booking’s cancellation policy on the hotel confirmation voucher, or by navigating to YCS >> Bookings >> View Bookings.
On Hotel Confirmation Voucher:
On YCS Reports >> Bookings:
If you would like to change your cancellation policy, more details are provided in this article.
Property Collect no-show fee
Agoda will attempt to charge the guest’s card that is stored in our system once a no-show is reported, given that the property has NOT viewed the guest’s credit card details.
- If Agoda is able to charge the guest the no-show fee, we will remit the amount to you via the YCS Finance tab.
- If Agoda is unable to charge the guest the no-show fee, we will auto-waive the compensation for the booking and provide visibility of the guest’s credit card details in order for the property to charge the no-show fee accordingly.
Agoda will let you know whether or not the charge was made in the cancellation email. You may visit this article for more detailed information.
Read this article in other languages
- What can I do if the guest did not show up (No-Show) Chinese (CN)/简体中文
- What can I do if the guest did not show up (No-Show) Chinese (HK)/中文 (香港)
- What can I do if the guest did not show up (No-Show) Chinese (TW)/繁體中文
- What can I do if the guest did not show up (No-Show) Japanese/日本語
- What can I do if the guest did not show up (No-Show) Korean/한국어(대한민국)
- What can I do if the guest did not show up (No-Show) Thai/ไทย
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!