This article will outline the benefits of PIN Code, how it works, and how to troubleshoot if you didn’t receive any PIN Code in your email.
Why replace a password with PIN Code?
- YCS data protection and security
It is more secure than using a password, which can be hacked. As YCS contains highly sensitive information, it is essential that this information is kept as secure as possible.
- Single sign-on functionality.
You only need to sign in once to the app, to stay logged AND use the app to sign in on the desktop – and never enter a password again!
How does the PIN Code work?
Step 1. Log in to YCS with your username (email address):
Step 2. You can tick Remember me to make sure the system remembers your username.
Step 3. Once you click Next, an option will appear to let you choose your preferred method of getting the PIN Code.
Via YCS App
Step 1. Choose the YCS app option and click Send PIN Code button.
Step 2. A pop-up window will appear. If you don’t have the app yet, you can proceed to download by scanning the QR code. If you have installed the YCS app, click on Send PIN to YCS App
Step 3. A notification from YCS app will appear on your phone
Step 4. Type the PIN Code into the box in the YCS window
Step 5. You can choose to Keep me signed in so when you open YCS, it will be automatically signed in with your username.
Step 6. Click the Sign In button.
Step 1. Choose the E-mail option and click the Send PIN Code button.
Step 2. A PIN Code will be sent to your email address within 5 minutes.
Step 3. Go to your mailbox to procure the PIN Code and type it into the box.
Step 4. You can choose to Keep me signed in so when you open YCS, it will be automatically signed in with your username.
Step 5. Click the Sign In button.
Why I didn’t receive any PIN Code?
If you choose send PIN via email:
- Agoda’s generic email is not under your safe sender list which can cause the email to be delivered as Spam or Junk
- Issue with your browser not being compatible
- Agoda’s generic email is blocked by your email service provider.
If you choose send PIN via app:
- You have not logged in to the YCS app with the same username that you would like to access via desktop.
- Push notifications from YCS app are not enabled or are restricted on your mobile device.
How to troubleshoot?
If you choose send PIN via email:
- Add email@example.com to your email’s Safe Senders List
- Proceed to clear your browser cookies, cache, and history.
- Steps may be different depending on your browser; you can search guidelines for specific browsers online.
- Request a new PIN by clicking on the PIN not received or not working in the YCS Log n page and then clicking the SEND ANOTHER PIN VIA EMAIL button.
- If you still have problems, please try to login to YCS on another browser.
- Alternatively, you can use the YCS app to receive the PIN Code.
If you choose send PIN via App:
- Ensure that you are logged in on YCS app with the same username that you would like to login on the desktop.
- Enabled push notifications for YCS app
- Request a new PIN by clicking on the PIN not received or not working in the YCS Log in page and then clicking the SEND ANOTHER PIN VIA EMAIL button.
How to add Agoda’s email address to a safe sender list?
Step 1. On the Home tab, in the Delete group, click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options.
Step 2. On the Safe Senders tab, add firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3. Select Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List checkbox
Step 4. Click Ok
Step 1. Open the Hotmail account and click Options. This is located in the top-right corner.
Step 2. Select Safe senders and add email@example.com.
Step 1. Go to your Google account.
Step 2. Click on Apps button and select Contacts – the page will redirect to Google Contacts, then click again on + add contacts
Step 3. Click on + Create contact and a pop-up window will open. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and then click Save
Frequently Asked Questions
If I log in to the YCS desktop, and then log out, do I still need to input the PIN?
Yes, if you log out the session is expired. To ensure safety, a new PIN Code would be needed to log in again.
Can the session expire?
Yes, the maximum idle time is 6 hours. After 6 hours, if you close the browser and open it again to accessYCS, you will need to login using a new PIN Code.
What should I do if I am still having issues receiving the code?
You can check with your email service provider to see if they are blocking Agoda’s email.
If the issue is still persisting, please contact our contact our Accommodation Services Team by clicking on the blue “Need Help” button located in the bottom right corner.