There are 4 payment method options through which you can receive payment from Agoda. In this article, we will outline all information about the bank transfer payment method.
How do I get started?
Bank transfer settings are handled in the extranet under the ePass section. To be able to charge bookings through Bank transfer, the extranet (YCS) needs to be connected to your bank account.
You must first set up and manage the bank account to which you will receive payments. The bank account has to be approved by Agoda Finance before you will be able to receive payments.
Once you have provided your bank account details to us via YCS, the status of the account will be displayed as Pending. You then need to provide supporting documents to the Agoda Finance team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), once bank account details and supporting documents have been verified by the Agoda finance team, your bank account status will be changed to Approved, and you can now start charging for your bookings.
The step-by-step guide on how to set up your bank account can be found in How do I Set Up my Bank Account in ePass?
- Please note that for bank transfer payments, transactions will only be available for you to approve and charge 30 days after departure or check-out date. During this 30-day period, booking transactions will not appear under YCS > Epass > Current Transactions > Booking Transactions
- We recommend that you finalize the payments for bookings as soon as they become available. If you do not charge for bookings more than 150 days after departure date, these will be removed from the system and the payment will no longer be available for you to claim.
How do I settle Payments?
Step 1. Select Current Transactions under the ePass menu
Step 2. Check the Booking Transactions
- Bookings are displayed under this section 30 days after the booking’s departure date and you may initiate payment request for this booking at this point.
- All bookings are selected for payment by default in the Approve section. Untick the box if you do not want to include a specific booking in your payment
Step 3. Scroll down on the same page to check the Adjustment Transactions
- Bookings displayed under this section have been adjusted by Agoda’s finance team to ensure that the payable value is correct.
- Positive amounts will be displayed in case of partially charged payments, follow-up booking value increases, and other credit items.
- Negative amounts will be displayed in case of overcharges or booking rejection cost.
- Adjustment transactions are mandatory payments and cannot be excluded.
Step 4. Click Next to view a summary of your payment amount.
- You may only submit a batch for payment on ePass if the net value is positive. If your total approved amount is negative, you will need to wait for more booking transactions to be added up until your total approved amount is a positive.
Step 5. You will now receive an auto-generated message to check the bank account details set up in ePass. You should not change your approved bank account at this time, as this will result in a delay in payment settlement. Please press Submit.
Step 6. You will see another message indicating that the payment will be settled and the amount will be sent to your bank account within 10 business days. Please press Settle to complete the payment.
Step 7. All payments that have been approved will be removed from the current transactions page. These transactions can be viewed on the All Transactions page for your future reference.
Step 8. If you would like to review the transaction details, you can view them in the Remittances page. There you will also see the Value Date which tells you when the payment will be received in your bank account. Visit How do I Review Past Payments? for more information on how to access the Remittances page.
We have included a video link below to understand how to request for payment via bank transfer.
Related to canceled or amended bookings
If your booking has been amended or canceled, Agoda will send you an amendment email (with “AMENDED” appearing in the subject line) with an amended hotel voucher or cancellation email notification, including information about the eligible cancellation fee.
This updated amount will be reflected immediately for the relevant booking displayed on the Current Transactions page.
What can I do if I am unable to receive payment?
Please ensure that the registered bank account has Approved status.
- If your bank account remains under Pending status:
- If your bank account shows Rejected status:
- This means, upon review by Agoda Finance team, the bank account details you have provided are either incomplete or incorrect. Please review and update your bank account details accordingly. Please visit What Should I Do if My Bank Account is Rejected? for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I report if the amount on the booking transaction is incorrect?
You may dispute each incorrect transaction on the YCS > ePass > Current Transactions > Booking Transactions. Visit How do I Report an Incorrect Amount in ePass? for more information related to disputes.
What can I do if I passed the 150-day deadline for collecting the booking payment?
- How do I set up my bank account in ePass?
- Payment types and how they work
- What is ePass?
- How do I access and start using ePass?
- How do I view booking transactions?
- How do I Review Past Payments?