There are 4 payment method options that you can choose from to receive payment from Agoda. In this article, we will outline all information about using a single-use virtual card or UPC, and how to troubleshoot any issues.
Do you know that Agoda has preferred payment options under the ePass invoice system? If your current payment method is UPC, please check out Agoda’s preferred payment options. You can switch by sending a request to the Agoda accommodation support team via the Support button in YCS.
Where can I see UPC details?
Step 1. Go to YCS > Report > Bookings.
Step 2. Select your own criteria based on the stay date or booking date.
- You can also type the Agoda booking ID and empty all other criteria to find the specific booking that you would like to charge for the payment.
Step 3. Click Search to see the list of matching bookings.
Step 4. Click on any booking ID to expand and view details.
Step 5. Under Stay Info > UPC, click on Click to View.
Step 6. There will be a pop-up window with details of the virtual card.
Kindly also find a video tutorial below that might help to understand how to charge UPC.
How can I charge amended bookings?
We will send you an amendment email (with “AMENDED” appearing in the subject line) with an amended hotel voucher attached confirming that a reservation has changed.
Kindly charge the booking amount as stated in that amended hotel voucher.
You will also be able to identify the amended booking on the YCS > Report > Bookings if the font color on the “Booking ID: XXX” is yellow. If the booking is amended, the booking amount stated in YCS will also follow the latest update.
How can I charge canceled bookings?
Any payment that you will receive for a canceled reservation is determined by the cancellation policy in force at the time of reservation. You should charge the UPC only for the amount permitted by the cancellation policy.
- Agoda will send you a cancellation email (with “CANCELLED” appearing in the subject line) confirming that a reservation has been canceled.
- The new UPC “Amount Payable” will be included in the body of the cancellation email. This amount payable is determined based on the cancellation policy and is the amount you should charge to the UPC for the canceled reservation.
You will also be able to identify the canceled booking on the YCS> Report > Bookings if the font color on the “Booking ID: XXX” is red. If the booking is amended, the booking amount stated in YCS will also follow the latest update.
Note: The cancellation policy appears on the hotel voucher, fax, or confirmation email you received with the original reservation. Please visit How do I set up a cancellation policy? if you would like more details related to cancellation policy setup.
What can I do if I cannot charge the card?
- Ensure the correct credit card number is being entered.
- Check that the credit card was not pre-authorized by one of your colleagues (pre-authorized cards will become invalid).
- Ensure the correct amount (as seen on the hotel voucher) is being charged. Any additional amount will cause the transaction to be declined.
- Any booking that is canceled without any cancellation fee cannot be charged.
- The charge attempt must be within 150 days after the check-out date as the card will expire after this 150 days period. It is important that you charge the UPC on time.
- If you do not charge us for a booking for more than 150 days after departure date, the booking will be removed from the system and the payment will no longer be available for you to claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to make a pre-authorization?
No. The card is already guaranteed by Mastercard and pre-authorizations are not necessary.
When do I charge?
Please refer to the payment terms specified in your agreement with Agoda by accessing YCS > Help > Terms and Conditions.
How much do I charge?
The exact “Amount Payable” is clearly stated on your hotel voucher, fax, or email confirmation. Only charge this amount.
What can I charge?
Agoda provides room reservations only. The UPC is valid only for the reservation to which it is assigned and in the amount specified. Additional charges (incidentals, mini-bar, parking) must be settled with the guest directly using his or her own method of payment at check-in or check-out, not using the Agoda UPC.
Can I charge per night or per room?
Flexibility exists to charge per night or per room. However, Agoda recommends you simply make one charge for the total amount payable for the booking.
What can I do if the UPC is expired and bookings are no longer be accessible on YCS?