This article explains how to manage cancelled Property Collect bookings, and how to collect cancellation fees.
Read this article in other languages:
Note: We’ve added some features to help partners validate guests’ credit cards in order to secure payment for your Property Collect payment with credit card-guaranteed bookings.
These features are available on the booking summary page in the YCS Extranet (Bookings >> View Bookings). Availability of the actions you can take is based on a specific sequence and the time until check-in. By default, all Property Collect bookings are confirmed, but there are scenarios where you can cancel based on the guest’s credit card verification status.
Common reasons for cancelled bookings
- The guest’s credit card is invalid
- If the guest doesn’t provide a valid credit card within 48 hours of the request, or if the newly provided card is also invalid, you can cancel the booking by following these steps:
- Go to YCS >> Bookings >> View Bookings.
- Search for the booking.
- Click “Request to cancel booking” (as shown in the image below – ‘1’).”
- This will trigger a cancellation email to both you and the guest.
- This action is available up to 24 hours before check-in.
- Guest did not show up
- If the guest doesn’t show up for check-in at your property, you can mark the booking as a no-show by following these steps:
- Go to YCS >> Bookings>> View Bookings
- Search for the bookings
- Click on “Mark booking as no-show” (as shown in the image below – ‘2’)
- This will cancel the booking and trigger a cancellation email to both you and the guest
- The option to “Mark booking as no-show” will be available for 24 hours after midnight on the check-in day.
- If you fail to report a no-show within 24 hours, the function will be grayed out and you must send us a message on ‘Partner support center’ to report the no-show.
How do I collect the cancellation fee?
You or Agoda will be responsible for collecting the cancellation fee depending on the actions you have taken on the guest’s credit card verification.
- If you have not viewed the guest’s credit card at least once: Agoda will attempt to collect the cancellation fee on your behalf. Canceling the booking or marking it as a no-show will automatically trigger a charge attempt on the credit card, and an email to you with the outcome. If the charge is successful, the amount will be added to YCS >> Finance tab.
- If you have viewed the guest’s credit card at least once: You will need to collect fees upon canceling the booking or marking it as a no-show. You will be able to contact the guest via phone or email through the YCS >> Bookings’ page (as shown in the image below – ‘3’ and ‘4’).
You can cancel a booking if the guest’s credit card is invalid or if the guest did not provide an alternative payment card. This action is available up to 24 hours before check-in.
No, you cannot reinstate the booking after cancellation.
Agoda will collect the fee on your behalf if partners have not clicked to view the guest’s credit card. This logic exists to avoid double charging the guest.
If customers made a booking without a credit card, partners will have to initiate their own claim procedure.
- Introduction to Property Collect
- How to verify a guest’s credit card details
- How do I view the guest’s credit card?
- How do I request a new credit card from the guest?
- Where do I see the commission amount for Property Collect?
- Introduction to Property Collect without Credit Card
- Where do I get Property Collect booking statements?
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!