This article explains what a booking rejection is, the common reasons for booking rejections, and what to do when you encounter booking rejections.
In this article:
Agoda provides instant confirmations on bookings to travelers. However, we recognize that in certain cases, a hotel might need to reject a booking. To protect the experience of our customers and the reputations of your property and Agoda, we encourage efforts to keep booking rejections to a minimum.
Common reasons for booking rejections and how to prevent them
By identifying common causes of booking rejections, we can better equip ourselves to prevent them.
When more reservations are made than rooms available, it results in overbooking.
Here’s how you can prevent this:
- Regularly manage your inventory in YCS. Details on how to manage availability can be found here: How do I manage my availability?
- If you can’t access your computer regularly, consider downloading our YCS companion app, which allows you to manage availability from your mobile device.
2. Incorrect rates
Sometimes, rates may be updated incorrectly on YCS, which then leads to rejections. To avoid this, always ensure the following:
- Make sure your rates are accurately calculated prior to inputting them on YCS. More details: How do I calculate my net rate?
- Regularly update your rates on YCS. More details: How can I adjust my price?
- Maintain a stable connection between your channel manager and YCS. More details: How do I manage my Channel Manager connection?
- Double-check that your rates are correctly calculated and displayed, especially when it comes to promotions. More details: How do I manage my promotions?
3. Incorrect content
Incorrect property information can cause booking rejections. Common examples of misaligned information include child policies, cancellation policies, and facility updates. A booking made by someone with incorrect information may have to be rejected later.
4. Temporary closure due to renovation or deactivation
Got plans to improve your property? That’s great! Just make sure to update your availability to avoid receiving bookings during the renovation period.
Here’s an article on how to temporarily close your property on Agoda.
Also, to help us best support you, please contact us as soon as possible to inform us of any temporary closure of your property.
How do I resolve overbookings?
To provide you and your guests with speedy solutions to an overbooking, please contact us for support as soon as possible.
However, here are some quick solutions for common overbooking scenarios:
You have other rooms available
Please offer an equal or upgraded room to the guest with no extra cost to the guest.
You do not have other rooms available
You will need to find the guest an alternative accommodation of an equal or higher standard and provide transportation to the new accommodation with no extra cost to the guest.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Please contact us and we’ll try to find a solution together. However, please remember that booking rejections also come with a cost.
Read this article in other languages:
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!