This article will outline what to do in the case you make a partial charge.
What is a partial charge?
The card that has been generated from ePass can be charged ONE TIME only, therefore if you didn’t charge the full amount of the balance, a partial charge occurs, you will not be able to charge the card again.
Partial Charge Scenarios
If you encounter the below scenarios, means you partially charged the card.
- Submitted transaction as bulk but did not charge or authorize the card with full amount
- Submitted transaction as bulk but cannot charge full amount due to POS/EDC machine limitation
- The payment batch was not charged the full amount and the amount was returned to the Agoda card (Reverse Authorization)
- An error occurred on the POS/EDC machine when charged, causing payment to be stuck; bank returned amount back to Agoda card (Reverse Authorization)
How to handle partial charge?
- Status is Authorise (Not Returned)
Step 1. Proceed to SETTLE to finalise the transaction first
- Status is Reverse Authorization (Returned)
Step 1. Contact your bank for details of the transaction status to find out if it was successfully processed to be returned or reversed
Step 2. Status reverse authorization might take up to 14 days for the amount to be returned to the card
How to avoid partial charge?
- Before proceeding to charge, make sure the total amount matches that in ePass > Remittances.
- If the POS/EDC machine has a charge amount limitation, avoid submitting more than the maximum allowed amount per batch
- For Top-up request, the final status of the transaction needs to be confirmed first.
- For partial charge, we suggest you continue to SETTLE the transaction first. Then you can request to top up the remaining balance.
- Reverse authorization is NOT SUGGESTED as it will take up to 14 days to be tracked in the Agoda system, which can slow down the top up process.
- Due to the complexity of this operation, it might take at least up to 5-7 business days to top up your remaining balance.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have reversed the authorization, why payment status still shows paid?
In cases when a payment batch has been created and the card has been authorized, even if the status has not settled yet, the system automatically considers the booking(s) paid. Reverse authorization also will not change the paid status
I want to add another transaction in the batch I submitted, can I cancel and redo it?
Sorry, the payment batch that has been submitted and created cannot be reverted back or canceled.
Can I charge the card multiple times as my POS machine has limitations?
Cards that have been generated from ePass can be charged ONE TIME only. Please always charge FULL AMOUNT as stated on the payment batch.
- How do I Set Up my Bank Account in ePass?
- What Should I Do if My Bank Account is Rejected?
- How do I Reissue UPC in ePass?
- How do I Handle Overcharges?
- How do I Report an Incorrect Amount in ePass?