This article details the most frequent causes and fixes for why partners are unable to charge a payment or having other payment-related issues.
Payment issues via Unique Payment Card (UPC)
Here’s a step-by-step guide for troubleshooting why UPC card information may not be available on YCS: Where can I find Unique Payment Card (UPC) details?
Here’s a step-by-step guide charging UPC payments: How do I Charge a UPC?
Additionally, here are the 3 most common issues, causes, and solutions:
|Insufficient Funds||An attempt to charge an amount higher than the booking value||Make sure you’ve charged the amount displayed in the booking confirmation.|
|Security Violation||5 failed attempts to charge the card within the past hour||Wait 1 hour before rerunning the charge. In the meantime, double-check that all payment details are correct and that your internet connection is stable.|
|Card Blocked FRE10||Using the card for anything outside of booking-related payments||Contact us to remove the block|
If you cannot charge the card due to a recent change in your card machine’s merchant, please contact us for further assistance.
Error message: Transaction not supported by card issuer.
- Check that all card data has been entered correctly:
- Card number
- Expiry date (written as MMYY)
- Rerun the payment.
Error message: Invalid card number
- Check that the 16-digit card number has been entered correctly.
I’ve authorized a partial amount of the booking value:
- Use the same authorization code to charge the remaining amount.
I’ve authorized an amount higher than the booking value:
- Refund the excess amount through the original UPC card.
In both cases, we recommend you check the booking amount against authorized/charged amount. Attempting to charge an amount higher than the booking value will result in an “Insufficient funds” error.
Please contact us for assistance. Agoda will investigate and report it to the credit card company.
Agoda can provide UPC card information through the phone. To do this:
- Contact your local partner support line for assistance.
- Verify yourself for security purposes.
- Ensure you have a valid Booking ID.
Payments issues via Finance Electronic Payment Administration Self Service (ePass)
Make sure that you’re using a verified email address to log into your account. To request access to Finance tab, please contact us.
Do a quick check to see if you’ve registered one of the payment methods below.
If you’ve recently updated your payment methods, you will only see the Finance tab once the change is completed.
Transactions appear on the Current Transactions page once they become eligible for payment or within 150 days of booking.
To Check if you have already collected payment go to YCS >> Finance >> Remittance tab.
- If the transaction has already been submitted, it won’t be reflected on the Current Transactions tab but on the Remittance tab.
If you have not collected the payment, please wait up to 24 hours then try again. Go to YCS > Finance > Current Transactions tab.
Make sure you have followed the steps on this page. If you have, then it could be due to a system delay; wait up to 24 hours then try to find the transaction on Finance tab again.
This article details the reasons why you could be experiencing this: How do I handle overcharges and negative balances?
This error message means that your POS terminal/machine merchant code is not under the 7011 merchant category code (MCC).
We suggest contacting your POS terminal provider for further information on MCC code set-up. If you have difficulty changing your MCC code, please contact us for assistance.
Payment issues via UPC on ePass
Here are the 3 most common error messages, causes, and solutions:
|The card is expired||Failure to charge the card within 24 hours after issuance.
|The re-issue button will be available after 72 hours once expired.
Check out How do I charge a UPC on ePass? for more information
|Invalid Merchant||Your POS terminal/machine merchant code is not under the 7011-merchant category code (MCC).||We recommend that you always use a POS terminal with 7011 MCC. Contact your POS terminal provider for further information on MCC code set-up.|
|Transaction not supported by the card issuer||Incorrect data input.
The most common issue is inputting the incorrect date format, which is MMYY.
|Recheck all data (expiry date, CVV, 16-digit card number) and attempt to charge again.|
|Invalid Card Number||Incorrect input of the 16-digit card number.||Check that the 16-digit card number has been entered correctly.|
Check if your booking has been amended or cancelled. If so, you should have received an email. The hotel voucher or cancellation email notification will include information regarding the eligible cancellation/amendment fee (if applicable).
- If the amount on the voucher is correct, but different on YCS, you can dispute each incorrect transaction by going to YCS>> Finance >> Current Transactions >> Booking Transactions.
The re-issue button will only appear 72 hours after the card has expired. If it has been 72 hours and you are still not able to reissue a card, please try the following:
Contact us to inform us of the balance that you need to charge and request for a top-up. For more information, refer to this article: How do I handle partial charges in the Finance tab?
Payment issues via Bank Transfer/Telex Transfer
Please ensure that your registered bank account status is Approved.
If your bank accounts status is Pending, make sure you have submitted the required supporting documents on YCS. For further information, refer to: How do I Set Up my Bank Account?
If your bank account status is Rejected, this could mean bank that bank account details are either incomplete or incorrect. Please review and update your bank account details accordingly. For further information, refer to: How do I Set Up my Bank Account?
If your bank account status is Approved, try to check with your bank if the payment was received.
- If not, visit How do I view booking transactions? to check if the payout has passed. You can find the payout date using reference number to search in YCS >> Finance >> Remittance >> Value Date column.
- If not, visit How do I settle payments? to check whether you already submitted the transaction as it is not automatically settled.
- If you still have not received payment after the value/payout date of 3-5 business days, please contact us for assistance.
In general, our Finance team takes 5 days to review your bank account submission. If you have not received any updates after 5 business days, please contact us for assistance.
Common reasons for rejection are:
- Invalid character input: Check Bank account requirements for more information.
- Missing supporting documents: Please refer to this file.
- Incorrect bank account name: Your bank account name should match the one in the supporting documents.
- Incorrect bank account number or IBAN
Refer to What should I do if my bank account is Rejected? for further guidance.
Payment issues via E-Card (Physical MasterCard)
To charge the payment, the hotel needs to submit the eligible payment via YCS >> Finance >> Current Transactions. Before submitting, please make sure you have checked all available bookings.
E-cards can only be charged to a specific merchant, please make sure your machine is configured for lodging or accommodation business using the Merchant Code (MCC) 7011. Please communicate with your POS machine provider to check the merchant code.
The amount takes some time to reflect on the e-card.
To avoid “Insufficient Funds” errors, please wait at least 30-60 minutes for the system to update the balance.
PIN is not required to charge the card except for Indonesia market, please bypass the step by clicking next/enter on your POS machine.
For Indonesia properties, we provide the PIN in the envelope that masked with in carbonize paper. If you see the error message “PIN code Blocked” please contact us so Agoda we can help to provide the new PIN.
Please make sure you charge in the same currency to avoid the rate discrepancy.
You will be able to charge the card again with the remaining amount. You will need to calculate the remaining amount by checking the Total Approved Amount on the Remittances page and subtracting the amount you have already charged.
You may contact us for assistance.
Read this article in other languages
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment?Chinese (CN)/简体中文
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment? (HK)/中文 (香港)
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment? (TW)/繁體中文
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment? Japanese/日本語
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment? Korean/한국어(대한민국)
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment?Thai/ไทย
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment?Turkish/Türkçe
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment? German/Deutsch
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment? French/française
- What should I do if I can’t charge a payment? Arabic/عربي